Chemicals are something we are surrounded with, whether it is triclosan or fluoride found in our deodorant or the cosmetic creams that we use every day. Most importantly it is found that our toothpaste also consists of chemicals and which makes it mandatory to replace the conventional toothpaste with natural products.
You can’t just be dependent on the FDA reports as a lot of politics and business strategies are there to influence the reports. Check out the evidence which clearly state the harmful impact of triclosan on our body.
It’s time to be conscious about the things you use in daily life and replace the products with harmful chemicals and go for the natural alternatives.
There are many alternative and natural methods available to make your own toothpaste. The paste will be made up of natural ingredients and thus it will be free from the chemical. The dental care will be at highest priority so that the natural paste will keep your teeth clean and healthy.
Making OWN Toothpaste, is it Easy?
It is not at all difficult to make your own toothpaste. Many of the teeth cleaning agents are around us and present in our kitchen cabinet. You just have to pick one of the ingredients to start the preparation of homemade toothpaste.
There are many popular stories from Native Americans or Egyptians along with the Father of Medicine the Hippocrates that ancient human being was using wood ash or charcoal to keep their teeth clean. So, let’s pick the charcoal as a basic material of the home made tooth paste or powder.
You can use soot to get the ash required to make tooth powder. It burns well and you can try to burn the wood on the ash bed to get better ash.
How Activated Charcoal Works to Whiten Your Teeth?
The teeth get most damaged due to the tannins content in the food or drinks that we consume. The prime benefit of activated charcoal is that it removes the tannis using adsorption process.
The porous surface of charcoal works well to attract the materials to it and holds it in the pores. This action makes the teeth clean without affect the calcium in the teeth or enamel.
What are the Benefits of Activated Charcoal?
Here are some important benefits of activated charcoal which will make you very excited to use it as a teeth cleaning agent
- It act as a stain remover and make your teeth naturally white. It also helps to heal mouth sores and removes the accumulated plaque. Application of activated charcoal keeps your gums healthy.
- When ingested, the charcoal prevents the toxins get absorbed by the stomach. It works more effectively than the conventional medicines and provides relief from toxin related issue in just 1 hour time. It is also a toxin cleanser and helps to get rid of harmful toxin present in the body.
- The application of activated charcoal provides relief from bug bites, spider bites, stings, poison ivy rashes as well as snake bites. So, it is good to keep activated charcoal handy in your kitchen.
- The use of charcoal works great on the skin. You can use it as an exfoliator and improve the texture of your skin. The sponge of activated charcoal is the best remedy to get asmooth skin.
How to Use Activated Charcoal as a Tooth Paste?
It is very easy to use activated charcoal to clean your teeth. As a tooth powder, you can directly dip a wet toothbrush in the charcoal powder and brush your teeth. Here is another recipe of using charcoal to clean your teeth
Things you need
- Activated Charcoal- 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon oil- 5-6 drops
- Clove oil- 5-6 drops
- Peppermint oil- 3-4 drops
- Thieves oil- 3-4 drops
- Take 2 tbsp of activated charcoal and add 5-6 drops each of cinnamon oil and clove oil.
- Mix it well and add 3-4 drops each of peppermint oil and thieves oil.
- Get a smooth paste from the mixture of all the ingredients
- Take the paste on your toothbrush and brush your teeth for 2-3 minutes.
- Use this toothpaste every day to get dazzling white teeth in no time.
The beneficial properties of the essential oil will provide relief from cavities, bad breath and also kills the bacteria responsible for a toothache. You can also use the mouthwash of charcoal to keep your mouth clean.
Here is a recipe of homemade mouthwash for whitening teeth.
Things you need
- Activated charcoal powder- ½ tsp
- Water- 2 tbsp
- Essential oil- 5-6 drops
- Take ½ tsp of activated charcoal powder and mix it with 2 tbsp of water.
- Add 5-6 drops of essential oil to it and stir it well.
- Take the solution in your mouth and swish it around for 10-20 seconds.
- Hold the solution in your mouth and around the teeth for 2 minutes.
- Rinse you mouth with warm water.
- Use this mouthwash daily after regular teeth brush to get white teeth instantly.
If it is difficult for you to get the activated charcoal at home by burning the coal, then you can go for charcoal capsules. It is available over the counter, you can empty the capsule and use the charcoal powder to clean your teeth.
There are many charcoal powder available in the market which you can directly purchase from the organic store. Some of the popular brands of charcoal powders are Smart Ash, My Magic Mud Whitening Tooth Powders and Natural Tooth and Gum Powder
Using activated charcoal to clean the teeth might sound wired but it is actually a natural way to keep your teeth healthy. It is a right time to get rid of toxic toothpaste and ensure the good dental health. The charcoal toothpowder is the low cost and healthy solution on all your teeth problems. So start using the charcoal powder to brush your teeth right from today!