Castor oil is rich in vitamin E, minerals, proteins, antibacterial and anti-fungicidal properties. This oil consists of a triglyceride of fatty acids, which makes it highly healing oil. Ricinoleic acid is popular for being able to eliminate and prevent viruses, bacteria, yeasts, and molds.
In the past, castor oil was used as an oral laxative, but today it is mostly used topically. Also, you can buy it for a really low price. Castor oil is effective and used for many ailments.
Castor oil’s uses and benefits:
- Re-grows and thickens hair. Because of the omega 3 fatty acids in castor oil, it nourishes the hair and follicles. This oil can get into the pores and follicles that produce hair. Apply a few drops of the oil on your hair and start massaging.
- Improves lymphatic flow
- Anti-inflammatory properties. It includes ricinoleic acid which includes these properties. Castor oil can be used to reduce inflammation and swelling of joints and tissues.
- Aids the intestinal system with inflammatory bowels and dysentery.
- Yeast infections. Castor oil’s ricinoleic acid can stop the bacteria, yeast, and virus growth.
- Castor oil has anti-inflammatory properties which support regular bowel movement.
- Hair and dandruff. Because of castor oil’s fungicidal and insecticidal properties, it is a helpful treatment for dandruff and aids in scalp protection from fungal and microbial infections.
- Skin problems can be treated with castor oil, thanks to the ricinoleic acid.
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Menstrual disorders. This oil relaxes the muscles and releases menstrual cramps.
- Athlete’s foot
- Skin problems
You can make castor oil packs. They will help you with many health diseases, such as kidney stones, fibroids, ovarian cysts, swollen joints, irritable bowel syndrome, digestive disorders and menstrual cramps.
Dip a cotton cloth folded in several layers in oil and apply it to the skin. These castor oil packs are mostly often applied to joints and muscles. You can place a hot water bottle over the pack if you want to boost its effectiveness. Let it sit for an hour. Use it up to 3 times per week.
Source: My Ilife Style