Colon or large intestine is the part of digestive system responsible for the re-absorption of water and salts from solid waste formed after digestion before it gets eliminated from the body. Usually the peristaltic movement of the large intestine ensures the elimination of waste from the body 16-24 hours of eating. In some people the build-up of harmful waste in the colon occurs due to malfunctioning of the colon. This build-up of waste causes the toxins in the waste to enter into the walls of the colon.
The Causes Of Toxic Colon
When the colon becomes less active it affects the elimination of wastes from the digestive system. The important reason for low activity of the colon and toxic colon are:
• Poor diet
• Lack of exercise
• Reduced water intake
• Drug intake
The Symptoms Of Waste Deposition In Colon
When colon retains the waste in the body it can lead to various symptoms such as
• Low energy level
• Bad breath
• Skin allergy
• Irritable bowel
• Unexplained fatigue
• Weight gain
• Protruding belly
If proper cleansing of the colon is not done to remove the toxic waste deposits, it can lead to severe problems such as skin allergies, gall bladder stones, heart diseases, asthma and liver diseases. Regular bowel movements prevent the deposition of waste in the colon to a certain extent. Normal bowel movements do not completely remove the wastes in some people and hence extensive cleansing using various methods may be required. There are many natural home remedies for colon cleansing, which will remove every waste from the colon.
Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing
The following are some of the top home remedies that you can try out for colon cleansing.
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon is a powerful source of antioxidants and is very rich in Vitamin C. It is very good for the digestive system and is an ideal option that you can try out for colon cleansing.
• Take the juice of one lemon in a glass and then add a pinch of sea salt. Now, add a little bit of honey to this mixture.
• Pour lukewarm drinking water in this glass and mix well.
• Drink this mixture on empty stomach everyday in the morning.
• It will provide more energy, boost your bowel movement and is also good for your skin.
• You can also add two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice to a glass of apple juice and drink it three to four times a day. This will help in thinning out the mucous in the bowel.
Yoghurt or curd has antibacterial properties and provide your body with good and pro-biotic bacteria. It is also a rich source of calcium and will help in cutting down the growth of cells lining the colon.
• Yoghurt is very good to solve a lot of stomach related problems like: irregular bowel movements, indigestion, flatulence and many more.
• Eating two to three tablespoons of plain yoghurt every day will help in improving colon health.
• You can also eat yoghurt with fresh fruits like lime, banana, apple and so on to help improve colon health.
3. Apple Juice
One of the well known home remedies for colon cleansing is fresh apple juice. You need to regularly take apple juice in order to maintain a healthy colon as it will help in improving bowel movements, aids in proper digestion, improves the functioning of the liver as well as breaks down toxins in your stomach.
• Kick start your day with a glass of unfiltered apple juice.
• After half an hour, you need to drink a glass of pure water.
• You need to follow this routine several timers throughout the day to carry out colon cleansing.
• It would be even better if you could drink a glass of prune juice in between.
• To get desired results, it is very important for you to drink freshly squeezed apple juice and that too juice extracted from organic apples.
• It is important for you to avoid taking in solid foods when you are opting for an apple juice remedy for colon cleansing.
4. Fiber Rich Foods
Foods that are rich in fiber will help in quick cleansing of the colon by removing the toxins from the colon. Fiber will help in easy bowel movement and will keep the stools soft. It will help the body to cleanse out the toxins from the stomach very easily. The following are the foods that you need to include in your diet to help in increasing fiber intake which will help in colon cleansing:
• Whole grains
• Flax seeds
Drinking a lot of water is an easy and effective home remedy for colon cleansing. Regular intake of water will help the body to flush out all the harmful toxins and waste from your body naturally. Water will help in keeping your body stay hydrated and hence you need to drink water regularly to keep your body lubricated.
• Make sure that you drink at least 10 to 12 glasses of water every day.
• This will help in triggering the peristaltic action naturally and your colon will start to function in a normal manner very soon.
6. Sea Salt
One of the most effective ingredients that you can think for colon cleansing is sea salt. It will help in improving the bowel movement and will also remove the harmful toxins in your colon. The sea salt will help in easily removing accumulated fecal matter, parasites, bacteria and regular feces from the digestive system. Taking too much sea salt can result in diarrhea and hence it is important for you to take in a lot of water during this remedy.
• Add a tablespoon of sea salt in a glass of drinking water and bring it boil.
• Drink this solution either in warm or cold state first thing in the morning.
• After a few minutes you can lie down on your back and massage your stomach to your colon area gently to help in improving bowel movement.
Flax seed will help in cleansing your colon. It is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids and has loads of natural fibers which will help in colon cleansing. It will help in absorbing water and expanding your colon. All the toxins and the mucus will be removed from your colon.
• Add a tablespoon of finely ground flax-seed to a glass of drinking water and mix it well.
• Drink this water half an hour before eating your breakfast as well as half an hour before going to bed every day to cleanse your colon and also get other health benefits.
• You can also add flaxseed powder in your daily dose of yoghurt or fruit or vegetable salad or other healthy foods for effective colon cleansing.
Ginger is another natural ingredient that you can use to improve the functioning of the colon and to remove harmful toxins and waste from your body. It will help in reducing the bloating of the stomach and also helps in improving digestion.
• Ginger can be consumed in any form like juice, cut pieces or in mashed state.
• Add a teaspoon of ginger juice with one teaspoon of honey and mix this in a glass of drinking water.
• Consume this mixture two to three times a day to flush out toxins and waste from your colon and to make your colon healthy.
• Adding ginger to herbal tea or green tea will also help in colon cleansing effectively.
9. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is loaded with detoxification features and works as an effective colon cleanser. Aloe Vera is not just known to improve colon health but is also very effective to treat skin problems, constipation, diarrhea and headache.
• Extract the gel from the Aloe Vera leaves. To this gel add the juice of a lemon.
• Mix well and then blend this in a blender to get fine juice.
• Keep this Aloe Vera juice in the fridge for three to four hours.
• Drink this juice several times a day as this will help in improving the health of the colon.
10. Vegetable Juice
If you are looking for colon cleansing, then it is important for you to stay away from processed foods and cooked foods for two days. It is ideal for you to only depend on fresh vegetable juice for a day or two to improve bowel movement and also to cleanse the colon.
• Switch over to a fresh vegetable juice diet for a couple of days if you are looking to cleanse your colon.
• Drink fresh vegetable juice several times a day as it contains vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids and sugar that will help in improving bowel movement and to keep your body healthy.
• Make sure that you only consume freshly prepared vegetable juices.
Are you looking to cleanse your colon? Do you want to know the natural and simple home remedies that you can try out to cleanse your colon? Well, all you need is to try out some of the above mentioned simple home remedies to help in colon cleansing without any side effects.Top 10 Foods To Cleanse Colon