What Is Obesity?
Obesity is the condition in which a person is overweight and has a high degree of body fat. Obesity is measured by the Body Mass Index of a person (BMI). BMI is calculated by dividing your weight in kilograms with your height in meters squared. A person with BMI 25-29 is considered as overweight and the person with a BMI between 30 and 40 are considered as obese. Obesity can lead to various life threatening diseases like diabetes, heart diseases, some varieties of cancer, stroke etc. obesity can occur in people of all ages. Consumption of more calories and sedentary lifestyle are the major cause for obesity. It is possible to control obesity or get rid of obesity using various home remedies and lifestyle changes. Heredity also plays an important role in the development of obesity. Though many weight loss treatments are available in the market to get rid of obesity, they are not effective and are not a safe method. Try the following home remedies to get rid of obesity.
Home Remedies To Treat Obesity Naturally
The following are some of the home remedies that aren’t just controlling obesity in humans but will also help them to maintain a healthy body and mind.
1. Green Tea
Green tea has been found to be very effective in weight loss and will help in treating weight loss without any dieting or weight loss pills.
- Use the best quality green tea leaves in boiling water and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Drink this green tea two to three times a day to see visible results in days.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar And Lime Juice
- Mix one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon of lemon juice in a cup of lukewarm water.
- Drink this glass of water on an empty stomach every day for two to three months.
- You will see visible results as water will keep you hydrated, apple cider vinegar will boost your metabolism and lemon will help in improving the taste of water.
3. Start Day With Honey
- Take a teaspoon of honey and mix it in a glass of hot water.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to this water mixture.
- Drink this water the first thing in the morning when you get up and on an empty stomach.
- Repeat this daily for two to three months to see an effective weight loss.
4. Drink Hot Water
- If you have the habit of drinking cold water, try to replace it with hot water.
- Hot water will help in eliminating the fat deposits in your body.
- Drink hot water after every meal and make sure that you leave a gap of half an hour between the food and the water.
- Never drink water immediately after eating.
5. Mint Leaves
Mint is known for its digestive properties and helps in healthy digestion.
- Add a few drops of mint leaf juice extract in a glass of lukewarm water and mix it well.
- Drink this mixture half an hour after you have taken a meal.
- It will help in easy digestion and will also boost your metabolism and is effective for weight loss on prolonged use.
6. Fennel Seeds
Fennel is one of the very popular ancient home remedies to reduce appetite.
- Boil about 6 to 8 fennel seeds in a cup of water for a few minutes.
- Remove of the seeds from the water and drink this plain water everyday in the morning on empty stomach to reduce your urge to eat.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Before going to bed, take a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar daily.
- This will help to burn your body fats effectively when you are sleeping.
8. Stick To Home Made Foods
It is a known fact that eating regularly food from hotels, restaurants or road side eateries will increase your weight like anything.
- Stick to homemade foods that are less in fats and oils.
- Adding lots of greens, fruits and vegetables to your diet will help in fighting obesity.
9. Honey With Pepper
Honey is considered to be one of the best home remedies for a lot of ailments and also helps in weight loss.
- Add a teaspoon of honey with two teaspoons of lemon juice and a pinch of pepper in a glass of water.
- Mix it well and drink this glass of water the first thing in the morning every day.
- You will never tend to gain weight.
10. Adding Spices To Your Tea
Spices are said to be very good ingredients that will help in reducing weight effectively and naturally.
- For better and faster weight loss results, add two to three pieces of ginger, black pepper, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves to your daily green tea.
- Consume this species filled tea for two to three times a day to see effective results in a month.
11. Curry Leaves
- Try to eat 10 to 12 fully developed curry leaves on an empty stomach every morning.
- You need to chew the leaves thoroughly and drink its juice.
- Continue this for three to four months.
- You might be able to see considerable weight loss in your body.
12. Vegetables And Fruits
- Include green leafy vegetables, tomatoes and carrots in your daily food intake.
- A tomato salad for breakfast everyday morning will help in effectively reducing weight loss.
- Increase the quantity of vegetables and fruits that you consume and also go for low calorie foods that will help in quick filling up of your stomach.
13. Jujube In Water
- Soak a handful of jujube leaves in a cup of water.
- Leave this for overnight and drink this water early next day morning.
- You must drink the water on an empty stomach.
- Continue this daily for over a month to see visible results.
14. Eating Finger Millets
- Finger millets need to be included in your daily diet plan.
- It is an ideal food to treat obesity and it helps in slow digestion.
- The carbohydrates will take a long time to get absorbed in your body and hence will prevent you from being obese.
15. Physical Exercise
- Brisk walking is one of the best ways to reduce obesity and to maintain a healthy body.
- Working out in the gym for about 30 to 45 minutes four to five days a week along with healthy diet habits will help in reducing your overweight.
Are you fed up of being obese? Do you want to look trim and sexy? Try some of the above home remedies to get your body in perfect shape.