Acne is a very common problem that is seen in people of all age groups. But, it would be seen prominently in teenagers as there is increased production of hormones in their bodies during their puberty stage. Acne usually sets of as blackheads that are formed when oil, dirt along with dead skin cells gets stuck in the pores of your skin. This blackhead will tend to inflame after some time and turn reddish leading to the acne outbreak. There are no definitive cures for acne but a lot of simple and natural cares will help in reducing acne problems.
Causes Of Acne
It is believed by experts that the main reason for people to develop acne is due to the rise in the androgen levels. The androgen hormone will rise in human bodies when a person attains adolescence. When androgen hormones rise, it will make the oil glands under the skin grow and excessive sebum is produced which will break down the cellular walls in your skin pores and become a breeding center for bacteria.
Some of the other factors that cause acne are:
- Medications that is rich in androgen and lithium.
- Greasy cosmetics that are not washed off properly
- Acne is also being indicated to be a genetic problem.
- Overproduction of the sebum or oil in the oil glands of the skin
- Irregular shedding of the dead skin
Symptoms Of Acne
Acne is seen to be predominantly occurring on the face, neck and the shoulders. But, it can also occur on the arms, legs, buttocks and trunks. Some of the symptoms that you can associate with acne are:
- Redness around the skin area where eruptions occur.
- Small red colored bumps
- Crusting of skin bumps
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Acne
There are a lot of home remedies that you can try out to reduce acne on your face and neck. The following are the home remedies that are quite effective.
1. Cleansing With Mild Soap
It is highly important for you to keep your face and neck area dirt free.
• Make sure that you use a mild and a non dry soap.
• Wash your face at least three times a day.
• Make sure that you clean your face after exercise routine.
• If you have oily hair, then it is ideal that you shampoo your hair daily to prevent oil formation on the face that will lead to acne formation.
Grapes are a rich source of vitamin C and help in prevention of acne. It is ideal that you include grapes in your daily diet to reduce the occurrence of acne.
• If you find an acne development on your face and neck you can reduce its effect by cutting chilled fresh grapes into halves and apply the freshly cut end over the affected area of your face and neck.
• Keep it there for about minutes for the grape juice to react with the affected area.
• You can now wash your face with cold water.
Toothpaste is considered to be an excellent home remedy when it comes to treating acne.
• Herbal white toothpaste or white toothpaste would be an ideal choice to treat acne.
• Take a small amount of white toothpaste and apply it on the affected areas of your face and neck and leave it on the area overnight.
• The toothpaste has powerful ingredients that will dry out the acne and reduce inflammation due to acne.
• You can wash it off with cold water the next day morning.
Cucumber is a well known vegetable that offers cooling and soothing effect for the skin. It is also an effective remedy to treat acne.
• Take a piece of cucumber and extract its juice with the help of a blender.
• Now add a teaspoon of curd or yoghurt to this paste and mix it well. Add a pinch of turmeric powder to this paste as turmeric has antiseptic properties.
• Apply this paste generously over the affected areas and leave it there for an hour.
• Wash this paste off and repeat this procedure for two to three days to eliminate acne.
5. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice has acidic properties that help in cleaning dirt accumulated in the pores and will also help in reducing the production of sebum.
• Cut a fresh lime piece in half and apply the fresh juicy part on the affected areas.
• Leave it there for a few hours and rinse it off with clean cold water.
6. Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe Vera is rich in medicinal properties that can effectively treat acne and acne scars.
• Extract fresh Aloe Vera juice from the plant and apply it on the affected areas of your skin two times a day.
• Keep it there for an hour and then wash it off. You can also leave it on the affected area overnight.
• Repeat this process for three days to effectively remove acne scars on your face and neck.
7. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has antiseptic properties and is very effective in removing dry and dead skin cells on your skin.
• Apply generous amount of teat tree oil with the help of a cotton ball on the acne on your face and skin for three times a day.
• Rinse it off after some time.
• The antibacterial properties will work to fight bacteria and treat acne.
• Apply generous amount of honey on the affected areas of your skin for about 30 to 45 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
• Two to three day application is needed to effectively remove acne.
9. Orange Skin
Orange and its skin are a vital source of Vitamin C and is loaded with acidic properties.
• Orange peel has to be dried in the sun and then made into a fine powder.
• Add required amount of water to this dried orange peel powder to make a smooth paste.
• Apply on affected area and leave it to dry on the area.
• Wash it off with cold water and repeat two times a day to get rid of acne.
Neem leaves are well known to treat a lot of skin problems.
• Make a smooth paste of tender neem leaves in a blender with some water.
• Add a pinch of turmeric powder to this paste and apply on the acne on your face and neck.
• Wash it off after 20 minutes. Repeat three to four days to effectively remove acne.
11. Curd Or Yoghurt
The lactic acid present in the curd prevents bacterial growth and cleanses the skin
• Mix one teaspoon of curd with one teaspoon of turmeric or honey and apply it on the face for 10-20 minutes before taking bath.
12. Fenugreek Leaves
• Add a little bit of water to fresh and tender fenugreek leaves and blend it to make a smooth paste.
• Apply this paste on your face and skin as a face mask and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Rinse off with cold water to effectively remove acne in three days.
13. Cinnamon And Honey Paste
• Mix fine cinnamon powder with honey to make a smooth paste.
• Apply to the affected area and leave it for 20 minutes or even overnight.
• Do this regularly for two to three days to remove acne.
14. Green Tea Cubes
• Apply refrigerated green tea ice cubes on the affected areas of the skin for a few minutes.
• Green tea will help in reducing acne swelling and soothing the skin.
15. Fresh Strawberry
• Cut fresh strawberries in half and apply juicy part on the affected area on your skin.
• Keep it there for a few minutes, remove it and then again press it on the affected area for some more time.
• It will help in reducing acne.
Turmeric has anti bacterial or anti septic property. They prevent the infection of the skin. It can be used in different ways.
• Take 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and add a teaspoon of honey to it
• Make a smooth paste and apply it on the acne affected areas
• Leave it for 20-30 minutes and wash with water.
• Mash garlic with the help of a hard steel hammer and apply this crushed garlic on the affected area.
• Leave it for a few minutes and then take it off.
• Repeat three times a day for two days to see visible results.
Papaya helps to prevent acne and reduces the acne already present on the skin
• Apply mashed papaya on the skin and wash it off after the paste dries up.
Are you worried seeing acne on your face? Do you want to get rid of acne scars? If you are looking for easy home remedies, then you can try out some of the above home remedies to get rid of acne effectively.