Blackheads are a very common and annoying problem for both men and women. It occurs when the skin pores get clogged due to the excess secretion of sebum and also due to dry dead skin. This oil is made by the sebaceous glands to make your skin supple. Women tend to be really upset by the sight of blackheads on their nose than men. Nowadays, we see both sexes looking for various methods to get rid of the blackheads on nose.
Blackheads are not caused by dirt and scrubbing your face with scrubbing agents will not help in getting rid of blackheads. They are nothing buy pimples without skin over them. It is caused due to the oxidization of the sebum or the skin cells when it comes in contact with air. This happens only when your skin pores open. The oxidization will make the skin turn black. So, excess scrubbing of the skin will only make the matters worse and will make your skin on your face get drier than before. This will result in more oil being created to make up for the loss of oil and maters get even worse. Hence, it is suggested that you follow the given remedies only for two to three times maximum in a week and this way you will be able to make your skin look better. You just need to clean out the pores to get rid of blackheads.
The following are the home remedies that will provide you with a solution on how to get rid of blackheads fast.
1. Milk and Honey Pore Strips
Honey and milk are always good for your skin. The lactic acid in the milk will help in keeping your skin soft and smooth and honey is loaded with antibacterial properties. The main goal here is to mix honey and milk in such a way that it forms an adhesive.
How to Apply?
- Take one tablespoon of organic and pure honey in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of cold milk to the honey and mix it well.
- Now microwave the contents in the bowl for a minute. Now mix the contents once again.
- Allow it to reach room temperature and then apply a thin layer of this mixture over the blackheads on nose.
- Now take a strip of dry and clean cotton cloth and pat it gently on the thin layer of honey and milk mixture.
- Make sure that it sticks firmly on the mixture. Allow it to dry and wait for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now carefully peel this trip away and rinse your nose with cold water. Apply moisturizer on it.
- Repeat this process three times a week and you can get rid of blackheads on nose in a month’s time.
2. Patting with Honey
Honey has excellent antibacterial properties and will help in easy blackhead removal from your face and neck. It is important for you to use raw organic honey that is thick to get the maximum benefit. Honey will provide the perfect balancing act for your skin and works well on oily skin as well as blackheads.
- All you need to do is to apply pure honey on the area where you spot blackheads. Allow it to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and repeat this process three times a week to see effective results.
3. Steam Treatment
The steam will help in greatly reducing the appearance of the blackheads on nose and face, though it does not open your pores. It will help in softening the sebum that fills your pores and causes blackheads to appear. This is a relaxing and easy way of how to get rid of blackheads naturally.
- Take a large bowl and pour boiling water into it. Allow the water to cool a bit.
- Now, cover your head with a big towel and lean over the bowl for about 10 minutes.
- The towel has to be covered in such a way that the steam does not have any opening to escape out.
- Be careful not to get very close to the boiling water as it can burn your skin.
- Once done, rinse your face with warm water and then pat your face dry with a clean towel.
- Do not forget to moisturize your skin after the steam treatment. Repeat this process for several weeks to easily get rid of blackheads naturally and to enjoy glowing skin.
4. Clay Mask
One of the easiest solutions on how to get rid of blackheads fast is to use bentonite clay on your face. It has rich healing properties that are used to treat a variety of skin ailments. It has been in use for centuries. It does a very good job on the skin as it will remove out all impurities and the oils on your skin pores. A clay mask will make sure that your skin will get all the essential minerals to improve blood circulation and to tone your skin. It is a face mask that will make you feel like your skin is tightening as it dries.
How To Apply?
- Add Bentonite clay or cosmetic clay in enough quantity of water or apple cider vinegar to make a thick paste that can be easily applied to your skin.
- You can use your fingertips to apply a thin layer this mask all over your face.
- Let it sit on your face for 20 to 25 minutes or until it dries out completely.
- Rinse the face off with lukewarm water and then pat it dry. Now apply moisturizer on your face.
- Repeat this process two times a week for three to four weeks to see visible results.
5. Honey and Cinnamon Paste
Honey has antibacterial properties that will help in keeping the bacteria away as well as will act as an adhesive that can pull out anything in the pores of your skin. Cinnamon is a natural healer that will help in improving the blood circulation to make skin look smooth and healthy as well as glowing. Cinnamon and honey together make a delicious candy. They are equally good on your skin and will work effectively in giving you the solution to blackhead problems.
- In a small bowl, mix one part of cinnamon powder with one part of raw and pure organic honey. You should be having enough paste so that it covers all the affected area.
- Apply a thin layer of the cinnamon and honey paste on the blackheads and then fix a small strip of clean and dry cloth over this paste. Pat it and ensure that it sticks onto the paste firmly.
- Allow the mixture to rest on the blackheads for five minutes. Now remove the strip carefully and wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Never forget to moisturize your skin. Repeat this process two to three times a week to see a reduction in the blackheads on nose.
6. Egg White Mask
Egg whites are loaded with nutrients needed for the skin and will do a very good job in temporarily tightening the skin pores. It can be used as an effective face mask to reduce the chances of developing further blackheads as well as to remove the existing blackheads on your face and nose.
How To Apply?
- You just need to use the egg white and hence first you will need to separate the yolk and the white of the egg.
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel and then apply a thin layer of the egg white on your face.
- You can use a facial tissue or a toilet paper over the applied egg white layer and press it gently on your face.
- Now allow the first layer to dry completely.
- Apply another layer of egg white on the facial tissue. You must ensure that the tissue does not fall off. You can now place another facial tissue over this new egg white layer.
- After the second egg white layer has dried out, you can once again apply a third layer of egg white on the tissue appear.
- Allow the layers to completely dry. You will feel tightness when the mask dries. Once done, peel off the tissue paper and wash your face gently with lukewarm water. Pat it dry and apply moisturizer.
- Repeat this process two times a week for 1 to 2 months to completely get rid of blackheads on nose and face.
7. Lemon Juice
The opening of the skin pores and the clogging is what makes the blackheads to appear on your nose and face. If you are able to shrink the pores on your skin, then you can do away with the blackhead problems that are disturbing you. Lemon juice is a substance that will work wonders on your skin to temporarily lighten the skin and to close the pores. If you have sensitive skin, then you can use diluted lemon juice on your face.
- Wash your face clean and then pat it dry. In a small bowl, squeeze one or two lemons to extract its juice.
- Apply this lemon juice on the target areas on your nose and face using a cotton ball. You need to apply this juice on the affected area at bedtime.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water the next day morning and then pat it dry. Apply moisturizer.
- You need to repeat this process 3 to 4 times in a week to find a solution on how to remove blackheads from nose.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar and Mint
You can make a very good skin toner by mixing apple cider vinegar and mint leaves. The apple cider vinegar will help in eliminating the stuff that causes the blackheads on nose and face and the mint will provide the soothing and cooling effect to the skin. The menthol in the mint can help in reducing the inflammation around the blackheads.
How to Apply?
- Take apple cider vinegar in a bottle and add mint leaves in it. Keep the bottle as it is for about a week in a cool dark place.
- Now, strain the liquid and then add a cup of water to it.
- Store this liquid mixture in refrigerator for 6 days.
- Apply this mixture on your blackheads after cleaning your face with water and then patting it dry. You can apply this mixture on the blackhead on the nose and face with the help of clean cotton balls.
- Leave to liquid on your blackheads overnight and rinse it off the first thing in the morning. Then do not forget to apply the moisturizer.
- Apply this mixture every night to see the effective blackhead removal in three to four weeks time.
9. Baking Soda
Baking soda is a home remedy you can think of to find an easy solution on how to get rid of blackheads fast. It is also effective in treating acne. Baking soda is very good in removing the dirt and the dust particles that get attached to your skin and will also help in clearing the pores. It must not be overused as it has salt content that can cause your skin to go dry.
- In a small bowl, take two to three teaspoons of baking soda and mix it with water to make a thick paste. Make sure that the paste is spreadable.
- Take some paste on your fingertips and massage it in a circular motion over the blackheads on your nose and face.
- Let it dry for a few minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this remedy twice a week to remove blackheads on nose.
10. Green Tea
Green tea is found to be very effective in treating blackheads.
- Put a teaspoon or two of dried green tea leaves in a small bowl of water.
- Grind this into a coarse paste. Using your fingertips, apply this paste on the blackheads generously.
- Now scrub the paste on the blackheads for about two to three minutes. This will help in cleansing your oily skin as well as clear all dirt from your skin pores.
- Let it dry for a few minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process three times a week to find a solution to your problem of how to remove blackheads from your skin.
11. Sugar Scrub
Exfoliating your skin is a very good thing as it will help in easily removing dead skin cells. Hence, you need to exfoliate your skin occasionally. This has to be followed by moisturizing. The dead skin cells are those that will clog your skin pores and will lead to creation of blackheads and acne. Exfoliating with sugar and jojoba oil will help in improving the blood circulation in your face. It will help in giving a healthy glow to your skin.
- Add one cup of sugar in a deep bottom bowl and mix it with 4 tablespoons of jojoba oil. Add a few drops of fragrance to give a good smell to this mixture.
- Mix these ingredients well. You can now store this mixture in a glass jar and this will stay fresh for one and half months.
- Wet your face and apply a generous amount of this sugar scrub mixture on your face. Use your fingertips to scrub the mixture and massage it over your face in a circular motion for five minutes.
- Rinse it off with water and then pat dry. Apply moisturizer to your face.
- Repeat this process for two to three times only in a week. This will help in easy blackhead removal.
12. Treating With Water
One of the natural home remedies that you can do daily to get solution on how to get rid of blackheads is to use water treatment on your face so that you prevent your skin from drying too much. Water treatment is nothing but washing your face with clean water for a couple of minutes and then patting it dry with a clean towel. This will help in removing excess sebum and also flushing out dead skin on your face. This way you can prevent he development of blackheads on your face.
- Wash your face with plain water at least five to six times a day.
- Pat it dry after a good wash and then apply moisturizer to keep the skin fresh.
13. Oatmeal and Yoghurt Mixture
Oatmeal and yoghurt mixture are found to be very effective in treating blackheads on the skin. It will help in rejuvenating your skin.
- Add two tablespoons of oatmeal in a bowl and then mix it well with three tablespoons of plain yoghurt.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice as well as a teaspoon or two of olive oil. Mix well.
- Apply this face on the blackheads affected area. Leave it there for a few minutes to dry.
- Rinse it off with water and then pat dry.
- Repeat this procedure for three times a week to get rid of blackheads fast.
Turmeric has very good antiseptic properties and works well for minor burns. It is also very effective in treating blackheads.
- In a bowl, add a teaspoon of turmeric powder with two tablespoons of fresh mint juice. Mix it well.
- Apply this mixture on the affected areas of your face. Allow it to dry for a few minutes.
- Wash it off with water and pat your face dry.
- You can also mix turmeric powder, sandalwood powder and milk and make it into a smooth paste. Apply this mixture on your face and rest it for about 5 minutes. Wash it off with water to reduce blackheads in three to four weeks time.
One of the easiest effective remedies that you can use to find solutions on how to remove blackheads from nose is to use fenugreek paste. It will help in clearing the clogging of the pores.
- Take fresh fenugreek leaves and add water to it. Grind this mixture to make a thick paste.
- Apply it on the blackhead areas on your face and nose and allow it to dry for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and then pat dry.
- You can use this home remedy everyday to reduce blackheads and to prevent it from reappearing.
The cornmeal will help in removing the dirt and the dust that blocks the pores of your skin. It will help the skin to breathe easily.
- Use steam to open your skin pores. Now mix a tablespoon of powdered cornmeal with any of your regular homemade facial cleanser.
- Apply this mixture on the affected areas with your fingertips in a circular motion.
- Leave it to dry for a few minutes and then rinse the mixture off with cold water.
- Repeat this three times a week and this will help in closing the skin pores and thereby prevent blackheads.
17. Tomato Juice
Tomatoes have antiseptic properties which will help in easily removing the clogging of the pores.
- Mash a few tomatoes and use its juice as well as its peel to treat your face.
- You will have to apply a generous amount of tomato juice on the nose and the face where blackheads appear.
- Apply it and leave it on the skin overnight. This will help in drying up your blackheads.
- Repeat this process three to four times a week to remove the blackheads from nose naturally.
18. Lemon and Olive Oil
Lemon juice is known to be very good at cleansing the skin. Olive oil is also a very good for your skin that will make it soft and smooth. Lemon will help in de-clogging the skin pores.
- Mix equal parts of lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl.
- Apply this toner on your face and other areas where you spot blackheads.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this mixture on your face. Concentrate more on the nose area as this is where blackheads normally appear.
- Leave it for a few minutes or even overnight.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry. Repeat this process four times a week to get rid of blackheads naturally.
19. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is also known for its antiseptic properties and it will help in easily removing the dirt and blemishes from your skin.
- Apply generous amount of tea tree oil on your face everyday. Pay more attention to your nose area.
- Allow it to rest on your face for 10 to 15 minutes or even overnight.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry. Apply moisturizer on skin.
- Using this regularly on your skin will help in not just removing blackheads, but also prevents the occurrence of blackheads.
The toothpaste that you use to brush your teeth could be your answer on how to get rid of blackheads on nose fast.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water. Now take a small quantity of toothpaste on a new soft bristle toothbrush.
- Rub this on the blackheads affected areas of your skin for about five minutes. You should be very slow in rubbing the paste on your skin.
- Wash the face with cold water and this therapy will help in closing your skin pores.
- You can do this blackhead removal treatment on your nose and face every day if you do not feel any irritation. If irritation occurs, wash it off immediately and try some other home made remedy to treat blackheads.
Additional Tips to Prevent Blackheads
The following are the tips that you should follow to prevent blackheads on nose and get answers to how to remove blackheads from nose.
- It is vital for you to keep your face as clean as possible. This is the most obvious method you need to follow to keep your skin free from blackheads. Regular washing and cleansing with natural facial cleansers will do a perfect job.
- Exfoliating your skin once in three to four days will help in removing the impurities and dust on your skin pores and thereby prevent blackheads.
- Detoxifying your body to remove impurities and toxins will also help in keeping your skin hydrated. It will make the skin smoother, softer as well as cleaner. Drinking more water will help in a great way.
- Remove your makeup when you hit the bed as it will clog the pores and do not give enough space for your skin to breathe.
- Change your pillow covers once in a week. There may be dead skin cells, dust and dirt attached to the pillow covers which can easily make the blackheads reappear.
- It is always better to check out the ingredients of facial products before buying it. It is better to go for natural facial products to prevent the appearance of blackheads on nose and skin.
- Do not pop or pick the blackheads on your face and nose as it might add more bacteria on the skin.