Acne has caused sleepless nights and terrible feelings during the day for far too long. Modern science has come up with amazing treatments for a lot or medical conditions. But nothing seems to work for acne. It simply won’t go away. Acne is known to be very stubborn. The more you try to get rid of it, the more it seems to come back. A lot of things have been tried to get rid of acne. Sadly most of them have failed. But here’s some good news that should make all of us happy. Finally, there’s one treatment, a home remedy, which seems to be working very well. Honey for acne is showing extremely promising results.
Acne typically affects us during our teens, but sometimes, even adults can get this. Both males and females are affected. Often they cause scars and permanent damage on the skin too. The particularly bad thing about them is that, the pimples appear at the most visible areas of our bodies – our face. And they do crop up at the most inappropriate times. But that’s not all.
Acne sometimes ruins self-confidence and self-esteem as well, thus affecting our personality. We like to go out there, socialize as much as possible during the teen years. We are at a heightened state of self-awareness too at this phase of our lives. We want to look good. But these acne pimples ruin everything. They are an eye sore. We want to hide and not come out and meet our friends till the pimples are gone. But they come back again. So it is really essential to treat acne quickly and effectively.
Honey to Treat Acne – Does it really Work?
At first thought it might seem odd to some people that honey for acne could actually work. You can’t really be blamed if you have similar thoughts. After all, we have tried so many conventional medical cures and home remedies, and failed. But think again! Honey seems to have everything that can finally rid you of those blackheads and whiteheads, and the agony of having to carry those pimples and scars.
Did you know that honey has been used for centuries to heal wounds and treat many remedies? It was used extensively before they discovered antibiotics. So the curative property of honey is not exactly something we have discovered recently. But does honey help acne? That is of course the big question here. And here’s the answer – it does.
The Amazing Curative Properties of Honey
Even modern medical science agrees that honey has antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. With all these properties, honey remains among the best natural remedies you can find.
Its antiseptic properties prevent the bacteria from growing on the pores of your skin, which is a major cause of these scary pimples. Antiseptics are known to stop the onslaught of organisms that cause diseases and medical conditions. It’s the bacterium known as propionibacterium that causes the acne pimples. Honey can, very effectively, kill this germ both from the inside and outside of your skin.
Honey releases hydrogen peroxide in low levels to disinfect the skin. It’s also rich in acidic properties and sugar concentration that impairs the ability of bacteria to replicate. So you can go ahead and apply honey on your whitehead or pimple. The infection in the pore of your skin won’t worsen. In fact, it would improve quite dramatically.
Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Honey and How This Helps
There’s more. Honey has anti-inflammatory properties as well. And this property of honey can prevent the redness and swelling that we are all familiar with when we have acne. Honey is a one natural humectant as well for dry skin, which preserves the skin’s moisture. So it prevents dryness and peeling, caused by most other treatments for acne.
Honey can detoxify your body too. This is kind of a miracle, whether you are drinking it or applying externally. Acne can sometimes be painful as well. Honey heals in these cases as well. And of course, honey will clean your blood, rejuvenate your immune system, and boost your metabolism if you are taking it regularly. But for that, you have to make sure that you are taking honey in its raw form. So you see, it’s not just raw honey for acne, but honey can actually help our body in so many other ways too.
And the best part about honey is that, it is cheap too. So you don’t really have to go for all those costly treatments that will set you back seriously again. Honey to treat acne – the remedy is right in your home.
So stop asking this question – is honey good for acne? It certainly is. Honey is nothing short of a wonder of nature. It will not just cure your acne nice and fast, but honey is going to help you improve your health in several other ways as well. There are almost zero effective effects of honey in our lives, no matter what your age, sex or medical condition.
But like mentioned before, what you need is unprocessed and natural honey. Avoid commercial honey as there are additives in it that might not be good news for your acne. The problem is, it’s not always easy for many of us to get honey in its purest and natural form. So what do we do? If you are facing such a problem, then you may want to try some commercial product. But make it a point to check its label always before buying. Try to ensure that your honey is as close to being natural as possible.
How Honey Cures Your Acne
- Honey works as a natural antibiotic, killing the propionibacterium bacterium which causes acne.
- Their acidic property doesn’t allow the bacteria to grow.
- Anti-inflammatory properties of honey bring down the redness of acne.
- Honey is able to absorb the water of your acne wound thanks to the osmotic effect it causes. It can also release hydrogen peroxide, which is an antibiotic that can also remove the bacteria and clear your acne.
- Honey contains a lot of natural antioxidants. This prevents damage from all those free radicals.
- Its sticky consistency removes all the grime and dirt very effectively.
- Honey is going to moisturize your skin, and so you will be able to remove the excess oil. This makes even the oily skin appear very smooth. And yes, honey can moisturize all types of skins. Honey provides essential oils to those with excessive dry skins.
- Antibacterial and natural probiotic properties of honey in its raw form are going to reduce the acne breakouts, and stop fresh acne formations.
- Raw honey for acne certainly works. But Manuka honey is a good option too. In fact, this has even better antibacterial as well as healing properties.
How Honey Makes It Difficult For the Bacteria to Grow and Prosper
One major reason why honey contains so many good properties is because it is low in water activity. There are three main effects of this.
Honey is acidic because of the low content of water. The pH is between 3.2 and 4.5. With such low content, bacterium isn’t able to grow, as the acidic environment is not good for it. Secondly, there is a lot of sugar in honey. The water content is thus low. Water molecules are used for sugar. This too makes it difficult for the bacteria. Hydrogen peroxide is produced when honey is used directly as it will enter your body through the pores and dilute with your body fluids. Hydrogen peroxide gets released slowly. This becomes a very good antiseptic.
Manuka Honey Acne – How Good Is This?
Manuka honey is a natural and unprocessed form of this gift from nature. It works very well in healing the external and internal conditions of the problems, and the infections associated with acne as well. Manuka honey is rich in antiseptic, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, as well as dermal properties. It can easily heal the infections of acne because of the presence of all these elements. In fact, not just acne, Manuka honey is actually able to heal many other complicated physical conditions as well.
Modern medical science and researchers believe that there are several contributing factors of acne, such as genetic conditions, puberty, hormonal changes in the body during the teen years, oil rich unhealthy foods, constipation, and even excessive pollution and pregnancy. Acne pimples come up on the skin when there is excessive oil and also when dead cells of the skin are captured by the skin’s hair follicles. There is acne when there is bacteria accumulation on your skin too.
Presently, there is a lot of research work happening on Manuka honey acne. We want to know more on how exactly it works to provide such good results. Manuka can penetrate the tissues of your skin effectively and heal the skin infections from within. We already know that it can clear away skin rashes, wounds, ulcers, infections and several other problems on the skin. So you can use this honey for acne scars as well, apart from preventing all those ugly outbreaks.
Manuka Honey Remedy for Acne
Manuka honey can be applied in different ways to reduce acne and its scars.
- Manuka bath is most useful and it is very simple too. Just pour some of this honey into your tub when you are about to take a bath. Don’t use soap. The honey will cleanse your skin. With this water therapy, you can clean the skin’s pores that will open up and revitalize your skin.
- Wash the affected part of your body gently with some lukewarm water. Use a clean cloth now to dry it. Now apply Manuka honey on the region. Give it some time when the honey should soak into your skin. Softly rinse the honey off by using some warm water after about 30 minutes. The honey is going to enter the acne’s epidermis, and remove the bacteria quickly.
- Cinnamon and honey for acne works very well together as well. You should know that cinnamon and Manuka are both excellent products of nature for removing bacterial and fungal infections. When they are working together, they become a powerful enemy of acne, and many other skin problems too. Like honey, cinnamon also has anti-microbial and anti-oxidant agents that arrest the spread of bacteria and fungi.
Scientific Data Supporting Manuka Honey Acne
- Bacteria breeds and thrives when the conditions are moist. Manuka offers a feature that is known as the osmotic effect. This is able to bring out wetness from the skin’s affected area. It can kill many bacteria species. The marks and redness of acne are going to fade away surely once the bacterium that is causing this infection is destroyed.
- Manuka honey is acidic in nature. It’s not the perfect condition for bacterium growth. The protein content of Manuka is also low, and so the bacteria cannot get the nitrogen it needs to survive.
- Manuka nourishes, moisturizes and also provides the skin a shield. What you get is glowing and bright skin complexion. But of course, what is more important is that, it heals all those red scars associated with acne.
- Manuka will help you stay away for future infections as it can remove the skin impurities that get trapped within the pores. It unclogs the pores to make sure that dirt and bacteria does not get trapped. In this way, it can protect your skin again an acne outbreak and other skin problems.
- An anti-inflammatory property of Manuka minimizes the pain from skin infections and acne.
- Hydrogen peroxide, an anti-bacterial agent is present in Manuka honey. This removes follicle obstructions, one reason of acne formation.
- Manuka is an organic agent made from sugar and water. Sugar and water molecules connect together very firmly. There are almost no water molecules left out that can work with the bacteria. Sugar gives nutrients too, which is good for skin tissue growth in the affected areas.
Cinnamon and Honey for Acne
Cinnamon is a great spice with a beautiful aroma. It is used a lot in cooking. But there are some wonderful anti-bacterial properties in cinnamon as well that de-clogs skin pores and helps dries off acne. A really important thing about this spice is that, cinnamon is able to provide oxygen and blood to the skin’s surface, and so, it improves blood circulation. It has also been used with olive oil for improving blood circulation.
Just step back for a moment if the acne is not responding to all those conventional treatments. Say no to those salicylic acid creams and harsh cleansers that will actually damage your skin in the long-term. Both cinnamon and Manuka honey on the other hand are 100% natural products that cause zero side effects. They are completely safe. They both work very well for fungal and bacterial infections. Mixed together, these two are going to eradicate all those growths and scars too.
All you have to do is just create a cinnamon and honey mask for acne on the affected part. Keep it for half an hour or so and then apply some warm water to rinse it away.
How to Prepare the Cinnamon and Honey Mask for Acne
A cinnamon and honey mask for acne is a great idea. Just sprinkle half tablespoon of cinnamon to your palm. Add a little less than half tablespoon of honey to this. Now mix this paste. Make sure that you blend well. The color of this mixture should look like chocolate.
Remember one more thing. You must always clear any makeup and wash your face closely before applying this mask. Pat dry after removing and cleaning. Or better still, you may want to take a hot shower before applying the mask. This is excellent, as you are going to steam open the pores. You are ready for the honey for acne treatment after this.
Now use your fingertips to apply this paste on your pimples. Alternatively, you can use a brush too. You must massage the area to apply well. Keep a napkin with you as this paste will be sticky. Keep the face mask there for at least 15 minutes. But you should take it off if the mask causes any itch or burning sensation. Now use some warm water to rinse it off and then follow it up by pat drying. For even better results, you should leave the paste overnight. Your acne will be gone.
You can even apply a toner after removing the mask. Try something that has been made especially for acne skins. Luckily, you’ll find a few of them out there. You can try lemon juice if you do not have a toner.
Drinking Honey to Cure Acne
If a paste seems too messy and if you feel that you can’t do this often, then here’s another excellent option for you. Did you know that you can get rid of your acne if you simply drink a glass of water with some honey in it, daily? Dermatologists have in fact recommended adding a teaspoon of honey to a glass of water and taking it first thing in the morning. It’s a great way to start the morning. Add a lemon to this, and you will get even better results. You will never have to ask again, does honey help acne, because you will see the results yourself. This lemon, honey and water drink will detoxify your body too, and give you better health. And some dieticians even say that it helps people lose weight.
Other Remedies with Honey for Acne Scars
Not just cinnamon, there are many other things that can be added to your honey to treat acne and its scars. Here are a few examples.
- You can create a face mask with powdered nutmeg and honey by taking equal quantities of both.
- Strawberry and honey works very well as well. For this, you need three strawberries and two teaspoons of honey.
- Another solution is sugar scrub and honey. Take a little bit of brown sugar and mix it with honey before applying. Scrub off gently after a few minutes.
- A fine blended powder of oatmeal, two teaspoons of honey, and a little bit of warm water has given very good results. This pack removes dead skin cells too.
- Turmeric is excellent as it can cure and clean the body in several ways. It has disinfectant and anti-inflammatory properties. And it’s good for acne as well. Take some turmeric and mix with one tablespoon of honey. Together, they are going to soothe the redness and pain of acne. Apply a moisturizer after you are done.
- Here’s one that might stun you, but it works nonetheless. A paste made of uncoated pills of aspirin and honey has worked for many. It can, because anti-inflammatory properties of aspirin will exfoliate your skin and clean the pores.
- Similarly, many people have reported very good results by applying a mask made of honey and apple as well. But you should remove all seeds and blend before applying.
Many of us are desperate to eradicate acne, and for good reasons too. Acne is indeed very frustrating. The pimples keep coming back. It’s more frustrating because we keep trying different solutions, and we keep failing. Nothing seems to be working. So you can certainly have doubts about honey. This is after all, not one of your conventional cures.
So is honey good for acne? A lot of people are asking this question now. So is it any good – it certainly is. Just try it for a few days and see the difference honey can make. It’s cheap, healthy and is not going to cause you any side effects. What have you got to lose? Honey for acne is in truth, a miracle cure of nature. If Mother Nature gives us a problem, it tends to offer a solution to it as well. In conclusion, honey will not just clear your acne growths, it will also remove those scary scars too.