Anything which is prepared for right from the start is surely going to help in saving themselves, taking this into consideration and the fact that heart attacks are the primary reason causing deaths of several people.
We are offering some points which will help in identifying the heart attack symptoms which when identified at right time will aid in warding off the heart attack. The points are given as follows:
• Be cautious: People who are smoking, have higher blood pressure, lack of physical activity, too much fat in the body, improper diet and higher level of cholesterol are known to be more prone for heart attack. Anyone who is not willing to fall prey to heart attack should avoid all these behaviors and lessen the fat consumption also has to be accompanied by regular walks.
Some of the common symptoms observed among people who have suffered from heart attack include:
- Tightness in chest
- Feeling of nausea exclusively in women
- Shortness of breath
- Excessive pain in chest
- Palpitations in heart
- Faster heartbeat
- Pain in upper abdomen
- Feeling of uneasiness in arms, jaws, neck or teeth
- Excessive sweating
- Feeling low all the time
What has to be done?
- If there is any previous record of suffering from heart attack then it is suggested that people will have to carry medication every time.
- Call for help as soon as possible to explain symptoms which will help them give instructions appropriately.
- If you remember any medical help available within reach it has to be the first choice.
- Pull over if you are in driver’s seat since it is not going to take long time before you lose consciousness, though the hospital may be nearby.
- Keep all the near and dear ones informed about the situation also their numbers have to be kept in speed dial for immediate help.
- If this attack happens on plane then it is suggested to inform the attendant immediately which will help them carry out all the medications and if there is any need CPR has to be performed immediately.
- At the very first thought about getting heart attack it is suggested to take aspirin of 325 mg, since it is known to make blood platelets keep away from each other also aiding in blood flow and lessening the formation of clots. Instead of swallowing the entire tablet it is suggested to chew on it slowly. Before taking aspirin it is suggested to consult the doctor which otherwise may only worsen things.
- As soon as you find any symptoms of heart attack it is suggested to go for a beta-blocking drug immediately however if this drug is to be taken it is necessary to carry a prescription or it has to be prescribed by a doctor.
- The first thing to do after heart attack is to relax the body even if the medical facility is not anywhere near, any rigorous physical activity will only increase the heart attack changes.
- Anyone who has already been diagnosed for heart problem will surely be capable of managing to get hold of bottled oxygen nearby.
- There are times when heart attacks are usually not supported by symptoms but still are found to be harmful when there is no warning.
- Thumping chest rigorously will possibly help especially when it is done by someone else but is hard when done by self.
- Body temperature can be cooled by using wet cloth under armpits which will eventually increase survival rate by higher rate.
- It is common for body to take heavy breathing but during heart attack exactly opposite has to be done like taking small and relaxed breaths at the same time counting back from ten to 1 which will slow down the heartbeat rate.
- Once the heart beat rate has reached a steady pace, then it shows the need to increase the oxygen supply to heart now it is the body’s turn to be relaxed. However this does not mean that the body has to start heavy breathing once again, try to maintain fresh stream of air nearby always.
- Eating anything or even drinking during heart attack will only increase the complications and create problems for treatment to be done.
- During heart attack the body can be laid on bed or ground while legs have to be raised upward which lifts the diaphragm making it easy to breathe that often serves as shock to the patient.
It is necessary that heart attack will not have to be taken lightly since blood which is necessary for all parts of the body will come from here hence we hope that the instructions given above will help people survive during heart attack.